Appleman Bicycle’s gravel frames provide all day comfort and are an ideal platform for tough races and rides like the Almanzo 100, Tour of the Battenkill and Crusher in the Tushar.
The first custom Appleman frame I ever built was for gravel. At the time, I was living in South Dakota and there were no paved roads.
The Adventure bike. It’s the bike that blurs riding styles and has many names: gravel road racer, gravel crusher, adventure bike, a do-all bike, a fat tire road bike, a country bike. Call it what you want, I build bikes that inspire you to explore new places regardless of the road surface. I custom design the tube set and geometry to put you in a fast and comfy position. Gravel frames fit up to 42mm tires to float over gravel and absorb the washboard sections. Brake options are cantilever or disc. Disc setups are available in clean internal routing or external routing.
Read CX Magazine’s review of their Appleman dream bike.
Read more about the versatility of gravel and CX bikes.
The ultimate gravel road tire.
Base price for frame and fork is $4500.
Complete bicycles are a great compliment to a custom frame. Contact me for a quote on components.
- Custom Geometry
- Custom tubing tailored for your gravel crushing riding style
- Carbon Everything: Dropouts, Cable Stops, Logos, and Brake Bridge
- Carbon Fiber press fit BB30 bottom bracket shell
- CaneCreek 110 Zero Stack Headset
- Enve 1.5″ CX Fork (disc or canti)
- Internal Cable Routing (fully guided, no fishing!)
- Smooth tapered joints
- Nude Finish
- Logos: carbon, titanium, decal, or wood
- 25 Year Warranty
- Disc or Cantilever brakes, no charge
- Integrated Seat Mast, no charge
- Di2/EPS internally routed electronic shifting
- Non-carbon logo, no charge
- Custom Carbon Fiber Finishes & Accessories, by quote
- AppleStem Integrated Handlebar
- Threaded Titanium Bottom Bracket insert, $50
- Gloss clear coat, $500