Aussie Rob loved the ride of his Appleman road bike so much, he ordered a 29′r mountain bike!
Rob needed a stiff mountain bike that could keep up with his power. Appleman Bicycles developed new dropouts to accept 142x12mm rear axle and a host of other great requests. Rob rides rocky trails near an old gold mining town that are full of sharp quartz rock. A ballistic Kevlar reinforcement was added to the down tube to protect it from rocks and abrasion.
- Titanium logos and head badge
- Custom, oversized, tough carbon fiber tubing
- Carbon fiber 142×12 thru axle dropouts with “apple” logo reinforcement
- Custom chain stays for 29 x 2.4″ tire clearance and 38t XX1 chain ring
- “Chevron” style seat stay bridge
- Integrated carbon disc tab
- Internal cable routing
- Kevlar down tube reinforcement
- Prominent serial # on chain stay, “Built for Rob Southgate, 11/2013 #2, By Matt Appleman”
- Read more about Rob and his bike