Appleman Bicycles can repair your broken, busted, or cracked carbon fiber bike!
Nearly every carbon fiber frame can be repaired no matter how severe the damage. We use our expert knowledge and experience in advanced carbon fiber structure repair to bring your bike back to it’s original strength. Select carbon fibers, fabrics, and epoxies are used to repair the structure of the frame.
Matt Appleman has repaired hundreds of carbon bike frames (and thousands of repairs to other composite structures) since 2008. Appleman Bicycles provides superb customer service and quick turnaround times.
Carbon fiber is one of the most repairable materials! All repairs are stronger than the original bike, add no measurable weight, and don’t alter the ride of the bike. Don’t worry… get it repaired.
Carbon Repair Capabilities
- Cracked Tubes
- Separated/Missing Tubes
- Tube Replacement
- Dropout Replacement: $1000, replace damaged carbon or aluminum dropouts with our in-house molded carbon fiber dropouts and replaceable derailleur hanger.
- Car and roof rack accidents
- Riveted cable stop replacement
- Water bottle mount replacement or add-on
- Holes from cable rub
- Disc wheels and Hed Jet series carbon wheels can be repaired. Damage within 1 inch of the brake track or spoke holes can not be repaired.
Please note: Appleman Bicycles does not repair forks, handlebars, or seatposts.
Expedited repairs are available for an additional cost. Some repairs may be completed in 24 hours. Contact me for a quote and time frame.
Carbon Fiber Frame Repair Cost
Every repair is unique and will need to be quoted. The size, location, tube, and severity of the damage affects the cost of repair. For reference, common repairs are priced as follows:
- $250 + paint: Surface damage, small cracks, small dings
- $300 + paint: Partially cracked tubes, the most common damage as found on most seat stays, chain stays, and the top tube
- $400 + paint: Damage to the joints or damage that is “soft” when squeezed
- $500 or more + paint: Severe damage, missing sections of tube, tube replacement
I specialize in carbon fiber layup and repairs, not paint. To get you back on your bike as quickly as possible, I do not paint repairs. Instead, I leave them nude. A nude finish (no paint) is free of charge, is just as durable as a painted repair, and won’t scratch and chip like paint would. Paint adds a lot of time to a repair and can nearly double the cost!
Steps to get your frame repaired
- Email pictures of the damaged bike to Appleman Bicycles (or describe the damage over the phone). I will send you an estimate.
- Strip frame of all components (fork, deraileurs, etc…)
- If you’d like, Appleman Bicycles can provide a shipping label which is the cheapest way to ship. You must provide the box dimensions to us before we send you the label.
- Ship frame in a bike box to Appleman Bicycles, please include your contact information in the box.
- Full payment is required before the repaired frame is returned to you. You may send a check with the bike, or pay via PayPal.
- Reassemble… and ride!