Appleman Bicycles can repair your broken, busted, or cracked carbon fiber bike!
Nearly every carbon fiber frame can be repaired no matter how severe the damage. We use our expert knowledge and experience in advanced carbon fiber structure repair to bring your bike back to it’s original strength. Select carbon fibers, fabrics, and epoxies are used to repair the structure of the frame.
Matt Appleman has repaired hundreds of carbon bike frames (and thousands of repairs to other composite structures) since 2008. Appleman Bicycles provides superb customer service and quick turnaround times.
Carbon fiber is one of the most repairable materials! All repairs are stronger than the original bike, add no measurable weight, and don’t alter the ride of the bike. Don’t worry… get it repaired.
Carbon Repair Capabilities
- Cracked Tubes
- Separated/Missing Tubes
- Tube Replacement
- Dropout Replacement: $800, replace damaged carbon or aluminum dropouts with our in-house molded carbon fiber dropouts and replaceable derailleur hanger.
- Car and roof rack accidents
- Riveted cable stop replacement
- Water bottle nut replacement or add-on
- Holes from cable rub
- Disc wheels and some carbon rims can be repaired. Damage to the brake track or spoke bed can not be repaired.
Please note: Appleman Bicycles does not repair forks, handlebars, or seatposts.
Expedited repairs are available for an additional cost. Some repairs may be completed in 24 hours. Contact me for a quote and time frame.
Carbon Fiber Frame Repair Cost
Every repair is unique and will need to be quoted. The size, location, tube, and severity of the damage affects the cost of repair. For reference, common repairs are priced as follows:
- $250 + paint: Surface damage, small cracks, small dings
- $300 + paint: Partially cracked tubes, the most common damage as found on most seat stays, chain stays, and the top tube
- $400 + paint: Damage to the joints or damage that is “soft” when squeezed
- $500 or more + paint: Severe damage, missing sections of tube, tube replacement
To get you back on your frame as soon as possible, we provide a basic paint service. We repaint the repaired area solid colors or clear and can replicate lines, stripes, and simple graphics. Structural carbon fiber repair is our primary focus. Our paint looks great, but may not have a showroom quality finish.
- A nude finish (no paint) is free of charge
- The base price for repair paint starts at $75 for clear coat
- Mixed-to-match colors and graphics start at an additional $25/color
- The size, colors (pearls and metallics), and graphics may add to the price
Steps to get your frame repaired
- Email pictures of the damaged bike to Appleman Bicycles (or describe the damage over the phone). I will send you an estimate.
- Strip frame of all components (fork, deraileurs, etc…)
- If you’d like, Appleman Bicycles can provide a shipping label which is the cheapest way to ship. You must provide the box dimensions to us before we send you the label.
- Ship frame in a bike box to Appleman Bicycles, please include your contact information in the box.
- Full payment is required before the repaired frame is returned to you. You may send a check with the bike, or pay via PayPal.
- Reassemble… and ride!