Carbon Frame Repair
Appleman Bicycles can repair your broken, busted, or cracked carbon frame! Nearly every carbon fiber frame can be repaired no matter how severe the damage. I use my vast knowledge and experience in advanced carbon fiber structure repair to bring your bike back to it’s original strength. Carbon fiber is one of the most repairable materials! All repairs are stronger than the original bike, add no measurable weight, and don’t alter the ride of the bike. Don’t worry… get it repaired.
Carbon Repair Capabilities
- Cracked Tubes
- Separated/Missing Tubes
- Tube Replacement
- Car and roof rack accidents
- Water bottle mount add-on
- Disc Wheels
Appleman does NOT repair
handlebars, seat posts, carbon rims, dropouts, seat masts, or topper damage
Carbon Repair Cost
Every repair is unique and will need to be quoted. The size, location, tube, and severity of the damage affects the cost of repair. For reference, common repairs are priced as follows:
- $250 Surface damage, small cracks, small dings
- $300 Partially cracked round tubes, the most common damage as found on most seat stays, chain stays, and the top tube
- $400+ Damage to the joints, damage that is “soft” when squeezed, or damage to non-round tubes
- $500+ Severe damage, missing sections of tube, tube replacement
I specialize in carbon fiber layup and repairs, not paint.
To get you back on your bike as quickly as possible, I do not paint repairs. Instead, I leave them raw and add a UV Protectant Spray.
A raw finish is just as durable as a painted repair, and won’t scratch and chip like paint would. Raw finishes require no maintenance.
Expedited repairs are available for an additional cost.
Some repairs may be completed in 24 hours.
Contact me for a quote.
Steps to get your frame repaired
of the damaged bike to email@example.com . I will send you info on cost and turnaround time.
- Ask what components need to be removed from the frame prior to the repair process.
- If you’d like, Appleman Bicycles can provide a shipping label which is the cheapest way to ship. You must provide the box dimensions to us before we send you the label.
- Ship frame in a bike box to Appleman Bicycles, please include your contact information in the box.
- Full payment is required before the repaired frame is returned to you. You may send a check with the bike, or pay via PayPal($12 convenience fee charged for all credit card transactions).
- Reassemble… and ride!